Since I’ve been a Home Care Nurse now for 13 years, I thought I would do a top 5 list of why you should consider Home Health Care.
Just like any other nursing specialty it has it’s up and downs but for the most part I still love it after all these years. Starting with the least and ending with the best…
5 reasons for becoming a Home Care Nurse
5. You get to visit some very beautiful homes and get great decorating ideas and tips from others.
4. You can spend more time with your patients, giving them your full attention. What I have found over the years is that everyone wants to be heard and if you give them a platform to tell their story and really listen, you’ll turn that difficult patient into one of your best clients.
3. You’re sense of direction will improve 10 fold after years of finding your way around, you’ll know all the shortcuts to getting around and where the best bathrooms are to make a stop at.
2. Most of your paper work can be done from home. You get to set your own hours within your 8 hour shift so if you want to see clients in the morning and be home by lunchtime you can.
1. The Best reason to be a Home Healthcare Nurse is the wonderful people you meet along the way. There have been so many families over the years that have changed my life, helping me to be a better person, to do good in this world and most importantly to be happy about who I am.
Home Healthcare may not be for every nurse so be sure to read my post
5 reasons Not to be a Home Care Nurse.
Home Health Care Nursing can be very rewarding and will change you in so many ways, I could not possible cover them all here. People are different in their own homes, most times for the better, sometimes for the worst but still, you make a difference. I see it every day when I walk up to the door of a patient’s home and someone is there to greet me saying, ” I’m so glad to see you.”
Tina Lanciault RN here, helping all nurses create a life and career they love. Check out the Getting Started Page for detailed information to help you succeed.
Clinical Nurse Leader Programs at Leading Universities
Nurse Anesthetists and Why They Are So Important in the Nursing Profession
Want to Help the Future of the Industry? Take a Nurse Educator Program
A Nurses’ Guide To Home Health Care
5 Reasons Home Care Nursing Is Not For You
Work From Home Nursing Jobs
The Future Of Nursing Informatics